Saturday, January 19, 2008

Boyfriend?@#!?

Last night, I got a shock when I picked Lauren up from school. As we were getting in the car, she told me she had a boyfriend. I asked if it was Tyler. No. Isaiah? No. Austin? No. Our conversation went on this way, until I had exhausted the names of boys she knows and finally asked, "Is he in your class?" To which she replied, "No."

After a little probing, Lauren told me her beau was tall, had blue hair, and was 13-years-old. What??? My daughter is dating someone 10 years her senior with blue hair? I nearly fainted. Does he have an earring? A tatoo? "No," she giggled. What's his name? Wilbur. How did you meet? "Mah-Um, I'm just pretending," she admitted. Wilbur is only an animated boy off the Meet the Robinsons movie. Shew! What a relief...sort of. I don't think I'll have the stomach for when Lauren's boyfriends aren't imaginary. God help me.

2 comments:

tedulen said...

Cute story highlighting exactly why I'm terrified of having a daughter some day. Glad to see the blog is back in effect. Glad the blog is back.

Bev Weidner said...

That was SO adorable. I'm so happy you are blogging again!